Merriam-Webster just added 370 new words and phrases to its dictionary, including one we've heard a lot the past month . . . "PUMPKIN SPICE." Here are a few more worth mentioning . . .
1. Side hustle: work performed for income supplementary to one's primary job
2. Metaverse: a persistent virtual environment that allows access to and interoperability of multiple individual virtual realities
3. Laggy: having a delayed or slow response
4. Space force: the military organization of a nation for space warfare
5. Yeet: slang used to express surprise, approval, or excited enthusiasm
6. Video doorbell: a small security camera that is designed for use on an exterior door
7. Magnet fishing: the sport or hobby of using a strong magnet attached to the end of a rope to find metal objects in bodies of water
8. Janky: of very poor quality
9. Sus: slang for suspicious or suspect
10. Subvariant: one of two or more distinctive forms or types of the same variant.
11. LARP: It stands for live-action role-playing
12. Galentine's Day: a holiday observed on February 13th as a time to celebrate friendships, especially among women
13. Plant-based: consisting primarily or entirely of food derived from plants
14. Baller: excellent, exciting, or extraordinary, especially in a way that's suggestive of a lavish lifestyle
15. Adorkable: socially awkward or quirky in a way that is endearing.